....That is Found in the Body….
- Is produced by almost every cell in the body;
- Makes cells waterproof so there can be different chemistry on the outside and inside of each cell;
- Is nature’s repair substance, used to repair wounds, including tears and irritation of arteries;
- Makes many important hormones, including those that regulate mineral metabolism and blood sugar, hormones that help us deal with stress, all the sex hormones, such a testosterone, estrogen and progesterone;
- Is vital to the function of the brain and nervous system;
- Protects us from depression; necessary for the utilization of seratonin – the body’s “feel good” substance
- Makes the bile salts needed for digestion of fats;
- Is the precursor to Vitamin D;
- Is a powerful antioxidant that protects us against free radicals and therefore against cancer;
- Helps fight infection.
You wouldn’t want to be without this substance, would you?!
Have you guessed it? It’s cholesterol!
Click here to learn more about this much maligned substance, check out this blogpost and read this article