At The Natural Health and Healing Center we believe in the importance of Bone Broth – so much so that we have offered to bulk purchase and distribute broth for our patients at our cost. We want it to be part of your routine.
This article, from US Wellness Meats has a great explanation of the benefits of bone broth, and how bone broth is “…among the most nutrient-rich healing foods you can consume.” It explores the facts behind the declarations, including citing specific scientific studies.
Below is a quick summary of the article, showing 10 ways bone broth can improve your health (and looks):
- YOUTHFUL-LOOKING SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS – bone broth is rich in collagen, known as the “beauty protein.”
- ENHANCE DETOXIFICATION AND INFUSE YOUR BODY WITH NUTRIENTS – Bone broth is rich in a wide variety of nutrients, including the simplest of all amino acids, glycine. It helps your body make glutathione (the body’s most powerful antioxidant and detoxifying agent). “Bone broth is also rich in important minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorous. These are critical to your circulatory and nervous systems, energy production and the maintenance of strong, healthy bones.”
- EASE CHRONIC DIGESTIVE ISSUES – “The healing compounds in bone broth not only help seal gaps in your gut’s lining, they also strengthen mucus membranes that may have been damaged due to food sensitivities or chronic gastrointestinal distress.”
- BOLSTER THE IMMUNE SYSTEM & BENEFIT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE – Bone broth can help restore a healthy gut. In turn, this can help prevent the occurrence of autoimmune conditions and it can be an effective remedy for those already existing.
- HEAL ALLERGIES – often a symptom of a “leaky gut,” bone broth can help to heal your gut and reduce inflammation. This can help allergy symptoms while improving your overall health.
- REDUCE INFLAMMATION – Inflammation is the cause of most chronic illnesses, including heart disease, gastrointestinal disease, and even cancer.
- EASE CHRONIC PAIN – The article cites a study in which patients with the degenerative condition of Osteoarthritis were shown to respond well to collagen treatment.
- IMPROVE SLEEP – The amino acid, glycine has also been shown to improve sleep without the side effects of over-the-counter or prescription medications.
- REGULATE BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS – The gelatin in a bone broth diet can help regulate blood sugar levels naturally by helping to remove glucose from the blood.
- BOOST MOOD AND EASE ANXIETY – Glycine is considered an “inhibitory neurotransmitter” and has similar actions to anti-anxiety or antidepressant medications.
We recommend you reading the entire article. Your Nutrition Response Testing program moves faster when you eat nutrient dense foods. Sticking to your nutrition plan and enhancing your diet with bone broth will help you in maximize your health benefits.
For a recipe for simple bone broth soup, click here