We are all exposed to external toxins on a daily basis.
These include pollutants, pesticides and chemicals. Internally, our bodies produce waste byproducts as a result of metabolic function.
Purification, also known as detoxification, can help remove these natural toxins from your body, and metabolize to manage weight, which is important to maintain your health and vitality.
At NHHC, we will be offering an opportunity for you to join us in a summer purification program. If you are curious about the program, here is a little Q and A:
Q: What symptoms indicate a need for a purification program?
A: Toxins can contribute to a wide range of conditions, including:
- Stuffy head
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Indigestion and other temporary gastrointestinal upset
- Food cravings and weight gain
- Reduced mental clarity
- Low libido
- Skin that’s not looking its best
- Joint discomfort
- Hormone imbalance
- Sluggish concentration
Q: Where Do these Toxins Come from?
A: There are approximately 80,000 chemicals registered for use in the U.S. Here are some examples of external and internal toxins:
- Air and water pollutants
- Cigarette smoke
- Skin lotions/creams
- Hair products
- Heavy metals
- Certain household cleaning products
- Preservatives and additives
- Trans fats
- Carbon dioxide
- Free radicals
Q: How do I determine my toxic load?
A: Your toxic load is the amount of toxins that you body must process. If you answer yes to the the majority of the following questions, then it is likely that your diet contributes significantly to your toxic load.
- Do you or have you eaten processed foods?
- Do you eat non organic fruits and vegetables?
- Do you eat meat that is not organic?
- Do you or have you ever used artificial sweeteners?
- Do you drink soda?
- Do the foods you eat have preservatives, additives, dyes or sweeteners added?
- Do you eat out regularly?
- Do you charbroil or grill foods?
- Do you drink coffee regularly?
- Do you drink alcohol?
- Do you drink tap water?
Beyond diet, many external toxins, such as makeup, shampoos, body lotions, household cleaners and pollution, all add to your toxic load.
Q: How do internal organs assist in purification?
A: The Purification Program stimulates specific detoxification organs in the body – liver, kidneys and intestines. With help from these organs, your toxic load can decrease and your body can concentrate on purification. This helps you achieve optimal health by cleansing the body from the inside out.
Liver – filters toxins, removes excess estrogen and xeno-estrogens, aids in metabolizing fat, protein and carbohydrates, helps transform many toxins into harmless agents
Kidneys – filters waste and excess fluid from the blood, regulates and releases sodium, phosphorus and potassium for the body to function properly
Small Intestine – digests food so that nutrients can be absorbed into the blood and transported to the liver, provides a barrier that blocks toxins from the rest of the body.
Large intestine – absorbs water and electrolytes, forming waste that excreted from the body, produces antibodies for gastrointestinal health, contains bacteria that creates fatty acids and some vitamins for extra nutritional support.
Q: How Does the Program Work?
A: This 21-day program includes eating whole, organic and unprocessed foods; taking supplements that support liver, kidney, gall bladder and the digestive system, made with whole foods and other ingredients; and drinking plenty of water and a meal replacement shake. The SP Complete shake offers essential whole food nutrition, including:
- Provides amino acids
- Supports intestinal muscular and immune system health
- Provides ingredients with antioxidant activity
- Supports healthy liver function
- Supports the body’s normal toxin-elimination function
- Supports the maintenance of a healthy weight when combined with a healthy lifestyle
If you are interested in participating in a summer purification cleanse, please contact us via phone or at your next appointment. We will be placing an order for the program kits by August 3, 2020, so please contact us as soon as possible.